Limelight Mental Health is about awareness, well-being and fundraising for non-profit mental health organizations.
Limelight Mental Health seeks to promote brain or mental health by:
- Advocating for mental health issues with LIME GREEN (awareness ribbon and Limelight theme) during May Mental Health Month and year-round through promotions, events and media.
- Normalizing annual and periodic mental health check ups as part of overall wellness.
- Fundraising for or in conjunction with organizations that educate the public about the brain, provide mental health services, reduce stigma, and research treatments and causes of mental health stressors.
- Brain Health. It’s OK! Pass it on!
- Promoting Pediatric to Geriatric SCREEN as an “Action point” for preventative care, early intervention and ongoing mental health assessment.
- Reducing stigma associated with mental health issues.
- Promote May with LIME ribbon and products to bring awareness to brain health issues
- Limelight buildings, bridges and structures to promote May Mental Health Month.
- Fund-raising for Mental Health Non-profits through events and CRM (cause-related marketing).
- Promote Pediatric to Geriatric SCREEN as an “Action point” for preventative care, early intervention and ongoing mental health assessment.
It needs to be “OK” to take care of the organ of the brain and our emotional condition, just as we do our hearts, lungs, kidneys, livers, breasts and prostrates. The brain is the control center of the body. We take care of our dental health two times a year; we ought to screen our mental health at least annually, like screens for blood pressure, cholesterol levels, pap smears and the like.
Mental health is for “all of us” not just “some of us.” Therefore, we should take care of our mental health and stress without stigma or shame. As there are other bodily imbalances and disorders, so can there be a genetic predisposition to chemical imbalance in the brain. Sometimes stressors are external or beyond our control. Whatever the case, seeking medical care or counseling helps us to be better mothers, fathers, family members, employees and citizens. As Mental Health America says, “There is no health without mental health.”